Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Letter From Chris Fabry

Chris Fabry is a very talented author who helped write Left Behind The Kids. I recently sent him an  e-mail and I am pleased to say he has replied. The letter is below. (The red is what Mr. Fabry wrote).


Hi Mr. Fabry!
I absolutely love your book series Left Behind The Kids! Here are some questions I would be delighted if you would answer:
1.       Is there a Left Behind The Kids movie or T.V. show in the future?
I haven’t heard definitively. They were trying to make a movie or TV series for a while and it got hung up. I think there are still people who would love to see that.
2.       What was it like working with Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins?
It was a lot of fun. I wrote 35 of the books with them over a period of several years. The most fun was to take what had happened to the adults and fit the same thing with the kids. I remember one book where the locusts were zooming in and one kid takes a baseball to one of them.
3.       How long did it take to write each book?
I worked with Jerry on the plot, then put my head down and wrote for probably 5 weeks or so. I edited, sent it to him, he edited, then we sent it to the publisher and started on the next one.
4.       What kind of outcome did you expect with the book series? Were you surprised at the outcome?
I wasn’t surprised at how many sold because the adult series had already sold so many copies. The surprise was the spiritual wallop—people writing and telling us they had prayed when Vicki or Judd prayed. And others told us they had begun to read the Bible again after thinking it was boring.
5.       Could you please write my blog viewers a short note?
After the Left Behind: The Kids Series, Jerry and I went on to write a series called Red Rock Mysteries. Then another called The Wormling. I’ve written several novels for adults since then and I attribute being able to work on this series for much of the discipline I need today.
If you get an opportunity, big or small, allow God to use you right where you are. If you dream of singing on a big stage but you’re stuck washing floors, sing in the hallway and do everything for God’s glory. Then nothing you do will be wasted.
 

No comments: